Friday, July 9, 2010

Beacon in the Dark!

Have you ever took a step in the dark hoping you wouldn't step on a lego or toy?  I do this quite often:)(2 boys who love legos)  A sigh of relief fills the air as my foot plants softly on the floor with no harm to my foot, but that soon fades as my foot rises once again to take that next step.

Only if we could totally trust the dark we wouldn't have this problem or if we could trust our kids to put away their toys.  This got me to thinking about how we should trust God.  No matter where you are in life you may not see right away where your feet will land but know that God will guide you to the right places.  Its when we try to guide our own steps when we stumble on the toys or things left lying around.

As a Child of God I want to make sure that my walk is humble and that I can be a reliable and relate able person to others who are in need of help, praying, friend to talk to, etc  My trust in God has to shine through so others will see that they too can totally trust him to take care of their needs.  If my faith is wavering and I am literally a mess its really hard for others to see that faith works.  Not saying life has to be or is perfect but saying we should always watch our actions and how we deal with things because you never know who is watching.

For example say someone has done you wrong and you openly are glad they are having trouble.  Or you even secretly delight in their pain or suffering cause they deserved it.  Well God see's your reaction and your heart in that dealing.  He sees what choices you have before you and that is to spread life or death on your own soul.  By taking joy in another suffering actually brings you one step closer or away from the life that you need to be close to the father.

Every decision whether its taking part in a bad joke at work, be negative, or woe is me, or everyone hates me, or by being depressed all the time and not partaking in the JOY of the Lord even when don't feel like it.  Not matter what we must always take a step back and see that we are never far way from letting our selves partake in sin. So we must always watch and trust God to lead us and guard our hearts by the making choices that keeps us closer to him and not farther away from him.

I want to be a light in the dark place, I want to walk in the dark so that my light for Jesus will shine brighter than before.  If a candle is always in a lite room how effective is it until it hits the dark then its seen from all around.  Thats where I want to be!!  Let the Lord guide me through the dark so those who live in the dark will see the light and be able to know you because I was a beacon in the dark.

No comments: