Saturday, January 23, 2010

Impact or Distract?

Impact or Distract? Its up to you is what I like to say.

In my study time I was reading in Romans 12.  This is an awesome chapter that shows us a little bit how to impact others.  There are so many good things just this chapter is full of.

Sometimes I think that we wonder around searching for our purpose in Christ and if we are doing what he has specifically designed us to do.  I feel that by God giving us the power of choice is interesting to not forget.  Sometimes we think we are doing what we are suppose to do only to find us questioning if it is the right way to go.  I feel that we can be an impact to others no matter where we are at.  If any church wants to impact the heart of the city then we need to take the church to the heart of the city.  Not by necessarily going to the least desirable areas although that is a tool.  But by each member going out and be a living church.  Yes we are all human and we are all sinners but just because we are all sinners dosent give us a ticket sin.  That kinda thinking already sets us up to be failures or in my terms distractors not Impactors.

If we want to Impact we got have been impacted.  We have to have a real life on going nurturing relationship with the one who really does the impacting.  How do we know how to impact if we have never been impacted?  Going to church is not going impact anything unless we are in the word and it is living in us.

Not matter what chapter we read or verse from the bible it will bring impacting results, it will show us how to impact and also take us closer to God.  Sometimes I feel that even those in church feel that if u read your bible or speak life impacting words on a consistent basis that u r some kind of Jesus Freak in a negative way.  But frankly my dear I well I really dont care what anyone thinks about me because that will hinder my ability to be a vessel of Impact to someone else.

Whether its kind words, verbal affirmations, physical gestures, helping out someone in need, cleaning toilets, handling babies, teaching little kids, dancing, miming, or going to our regular job and being a light to the dark world.  Thats how we impact.  Being a sold out vessel willing to do and go where ever, to whoever, or just be the up lifter to those around u, it how to impact.

Impact or Distract?

What will u do or be?  Impacting vessel or a distracting vessel,  Its your choice the ball is in your court.
Lets impact others for the sake of Knowing where we came from and where he brought us out of!

No comments: