Sunday, August 3, 2008

Old time Jail House~Lets eat in Death Row!

Last night my family and some friends ours when to eat that this pizza place that use to be an old jail house. You can see the Ohio river from the windows, great view but I am sure that old building had some stories to tell. As we looked aroung the place, it was pretty iron foretified and looked escapable, But up stairs was the ones that they put on death row, you can actually eat in those. Now that I think about it, it is a wierd and morbid concept. To eat where someone had been miserable and burdened was really sad. There was this one spot that had a trap door, and above the trap door was a place that they put nooses for hangings. As you walked over the trap door which is now covered you can see the place where they hung the ropes. I was a little saddened as my heart felt heavy. Not necessaryly feeling ghosts or anything but feeling that there possible might be some injustice that still is presence there. Meaning that maybe people were done injustly and put to death. As a chrisitian I beleive that demonic presences are real and that they are evident in life. its like you can sense a place where the devil lives and where the blood of Jesus hasnt been preached or pleading of this building. and in the rooms of death row. I cant imagine the pain or the evil that has resided there. but upon leaving I prayed for Jesus to cover us and that nothing would bother us as we left. I will always remember that there is hope for all even someone in a jail cell that Jesus is every where, even if we dont feel his presence, he is still there and sees everything and know everything, and that if something was done unjustly that he would have the last say in all things. anyways I guess that the food was good, but I probably wont be back there again or anything soon.

No comments: