Friday, October 10, 2008

What holds you back?


We all have things that hold us back from the fullness of God and what he has for us.
Its like we need to be set free everyday of the crap that we face day to day.

I know that know that I love to worship and praise his name. I feel like I am a praiser and a prophetic one at that. I don't say that to boast by no means, i think that it is scary in a sense because you become vulnerable with no preplanned practice and you just let it flow.

I play the saxophone and I know that talent was given to me by God. I play by ear and have been in a church that I could flow prophetically in that before.

When I came to New Vision Ministry Center I thought that I should play the Saxophone here, but I feel that God has a time a season for everything. Even though that is a passion for me to play, but it is more of a passion to come out of my comfort zone and worship him doing the flags and dancing before his name. I never had done that before but always wanted to deep down in my heart.

Now that I have been with wow for several months. I really feel that this is going to be a great calling and it is something that I want to do and worship his name no matter who is watching. There are so many thoughts that the enemy tries to put into my head when we do flags or dance on Sunday. Like for example, you look dumb, people will think that you are fake, people will think you are just putting on a show, etc etc etc.

Mike and I came from and church we had visited for about 3 months that didn't really agree with any type of worship expression, they played rock style music but weren't accepting and thought that it would scare people away. We essentially got called into the office and were rebuked in a weird way. I cant keep my worship in a box, I don't think that I will carry a cross to hide my worship, I think that it is almost a sin not to worship the one that created us and saved us from our junk. wow I am starting to preach like I use to in youth, when I was young.

I have so much that I feel is bottled up inside me, I know that I am called to speak to teens and especially teen girls and pre teen girls; because of what I have gone through at their age. But I am held back.

What holds you back? I said What holds you back? What ever it is that holds you then that thing needs to be broken off your life. It needs to be taken and broken into a 1000 pieces then swept away and put in the trash.

I want Him and I want ALL that he will give me. I am going to get it no matter what anyone thinks. I am just going to do it with no fear and with boldness.

Don't be held back and let God unleash in you a potential that you never you was there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW good sermon, lol. You just opened the door and this is good. Now I know you don't mind speaking in public. Hmmm this is good real good.
Love ya!