Monday, July 21, 2008

Sunday Testimony!

My familiy and I are currently going to New Vision Ministry Center. Last Sunday was such an awesome experience that I will never forget.

I know that people never want to admitt what we need to work on. Like if its our attitudes or whatever.

I have pretty much been saved all my life, since I was 6, I was filled with the holy spirit and spoke in toungues around that time too. I have been witnessing and sharing with others ever since I was young. My family always reading the bible together every night. So you can say that I have been with God for a long time, But even though I had all that, I dont think that I had a true relationship with God until I was about in the 9th grade. But something happend to me when I was in high school that made me turn and run away from God. I met this boy that was good at first but he ended up being no so great. He turned from God himself and became and very mean and controling boyfriend. One thing that I read was that young girls go though a time where they start their self esteem over when they become a teenager. That is the truth for sure. That boy emotionally abused me, I was constantly told that I was trash, or squashable like a bug, or no good. I began to believe this, even though that I would not admitt this to any one. He did not respect me at all. There were times that I was physically abused by that same boy. I was slammed against the wall and no one cared, not even the teacher. After approx 2 years of living under this control and negative influence, needless to say I was pretty messed up. I was angry and alone.

I didnt have any friends because I didnt want to hear I told you so's. I didnt feel like I had anyone to tell this too because when you have gone through different situations the last thing you need to hear from someone is I told you so's. I was very emotionally unstable and I didnt trust anyone,

I was set free from the relationship and did get back to church, but not until last sunday after 9 years of thinking that I was over this did I realize that I wasnt. I still believe that I wasnt worth anything or no one likes me. I just know that the words that we speak to others can never be taken back and once we say something it could have a great impact over the rest of our lives. without Gods help true healing cannot take place.

I would like to say that sunday I was emotionally healed and that what I held on to for so long and that was pushed deep in side my sould was brougt to the surface and was finally over. When I heared the message on sunday I saw things in my own heart and soul that I knew that this message was for me. Before I was at the alter I knew that I had to go up there. I knew God said that this was for you. It was for me. Thanks for New Vision Ministry center in Louisville.

I know kow that I have a passion for young girls and teens in general to know that the choices that they do now could affect them forever. When I see young girls in this kind of emotional stress I see their pain, I feel it so strong. No matter how strong with think we are and how close we might feel that we dont have to read the bible or worship God or to be in his presence that isnt true. we must every day choose to love and be with him, we must choose it every day to take up the banner and run a marathon for his name sake.

No matter how great your relationship is with God it dosent matter. we must daily train ourselves and never stop. we have to take a look deep within and heal those hurting places in our hearts. we must admit our failures and our pains and give them to God.

Just give everything over to the lord and know that he is your only source of strength and that he only can be the one to heal all your pain and your inner most thoughts and struggles.

No comments: