Monday, July 28, 2008

Train derailment-January 16,07-update on God’s Goodness

When a train derailed approximately 100 meters from my front door, needless to say, my families life was changed forever.
On January 16, 2007 was a day that I will never forget. At the time I was approx 6 weeks pregnant. My 2 1/2 year old son was still asleep in bed while I was awake with morning sickness stairing at the ceiling. At about 8:30 am in on that tuesday morning I heard the usual rumble of the train tracks go by, but something didnt feel right in the air. It started to get louder and louder, my house windows shook and I immediatley thought its a tornado, then I said wait its not storming, I ran across the house to my sons room, but before I picked him I peaked through his blinds, and saw the most scary thing I had ever saw. A hugh ball of flamed rose over 100 feet into the air, the heat was so hot I could feel it through the glass window. I was in total awe of this crazy explosion. I think I said oh crap or somehting like that and scooped up my son and began getting clothes and things ready to get out of the house. I called my husband at work and told him what happened and he really didnt believe me at all, but soon realized I was not joking at all. He immediately tried to come and get me because the road to our house is right next to the tracks and he knew I couldnt drive out. I looked out side again to see the train had derailed and was in flames and the the black smoke filled the air and was comming toward our house. I was scared and remember praying god please protect my unborn baby. My husband urged me to go to the neighbors to the back of me, so i gathered everything I thought I might need which was not much. My son got himself dressed (which he never done before) and was ready to go. we left the house and the whole time he kept trying to look at what was going on. The neighbour actually took a picture of us leaving with the black smoke filling the air. We stayed at the neighbours hosue till we were told to leave by the fire department, but at this time my neighbours were trying to take of their dogs cause the own a kennel. So I told them that I was leaving. The fireman said you have to walk across the field to go around the fire. I was like uhhh ok if thats what I got to do. Well try holding your 2 1/2 year old and being pregnant while walking across a field of unmowed grass with lots of animal waiste, It was approx 2 or more acres. That was craziness. I was reunited with my husband who was not allowed to come to house but was only allowed to stay at a road block. I did take one last look and new that I would never see the house that was again, and I was right, we never moved back into that house again. I ended up loosing the baby, which was really hard. After approx 6 or so months of living in hotels, apartments, and other places. We finally settled with the train company. We dont own that house anymore, we have another one, which is better. We dont live near the tracts anymore. I have to say that I thank God that it had rained a couple of days before which made the rail cars sink instead of slide into our houses. God spared our lives. we have to trust him and listen to him and he will guide our paths. Over a year later I now have a new son which I would not have had. He is an absolute joy and I thank God for him. Its hard for people to understand that everything we owned was either cleaned or thrown away, and we didnt get anything back for at least 6 months. That was a long 6 months of having my 2 year old scared of any loud noise and be afraid to sleep on his own. I never want to do that again, he was out of routine and I know he must have been stressed, but I am sure God helped him deal with it, cause he was happy just being with us and holding us. home is not the building you live but the people that you cant replace is where its at. God is good!

No comments: